Wednesday, October 04, 2006


Well it has been a while since I have been able to post anything with my work schedule. I am doing fine and so are the kids as well as Jeff. Cade is still in soccer and loving it. Reise asks everyday when she will be able to play and I have to tell her next season which she does not like to hear at all. Cade is doing very well in first grade. He loves his homework and loves to read. He has gotten 100% on every spelling test he has taken so far and seems to be pretty proud of that. Reise still is having trouble with kindergarten. Everyday she tells me that she did not cry at school today and it makes me so sad because I remember hating school and I really hope that doesnt keep happening with her. You all know that she has had some issues with coughing all the time and having a runny nose, well we have been trying to teach her to blow her nose often which I remember having to do when I was little. I also rememer being teased all the time because of it. I would get called Snot nose Meggan. It kills me to think that Reise might have to go through the same thing. Mom says to put kleenex in her pockets but that isnt helping. She still doesnt wipe it and not to gross anyone out but she has been caught picking her nose and eating it. I do not know what to do. I told her that Princesses do not pick their noses and eat it and that she wasnt a princesses if she kept doing but that didnt work. I almost threw up once because I caught her in the act and she didnt do anything but frown. Any suggestions? Other then that things have been good. Jeff still is in school and is ready for a break. I told him that we should plan a trip to mexico for next year and have that be our gifts for christmas and birthdays. He really wants to go so I think it would be a nice idea. We are thinking of taking 2 weeks since we never really had a honeymoon we were thinking that this could be it. Only took us 7 plus years but hey now is as good as any. Well not much more to say... Oh Cade lost his very first tooth. He was so happy and the tooth fairy(which was not me) left him $5 which he is saving for a game. He cant wait to lose more teeth. I wish I could get that much. I would be pulling my teeth out. :) Well love you all and miss you. Hopefully I will be able to repost soon.

2 comments:

skbkmjfamily said...

AWESOME CADE!!! How exciting and wow if you keep losing teeth like Brynn did than you will be rich with that five dollars every time (umm I think I would send a note to the tooth fairy mom and dad).

Poor Reise, I think they thing to remember is all children are teased, I was teased for my height, so is Brynn, it is teaching Reise how to handle the teasing. I learnd to laugh it off, even if it really bothered me, and to try and help her know that she is still great. I would do a "snot" incentive, like a toy she wants or money. Every time she hands in a kleenex that has been used (more than once) she gets a heart or something. We have had to do this with Brynn but with her other issue. I try to teach Brynn that I don't want others to tease her, but they will. It has worked, for every time she went poop by herself, or did not have a problem with it she got a heart and grandma bought her a unicorn. I would ignore her when she is picking it(something she will out grow, I promise). Just try and stay positive, I am learning that works better than the yelling and getting mad.
We can't wait to see you guys. And hey I only got a weekend honeymoon so are you sending me to Mexico because if I remember right you have already been to Mexico by yourselves (before marriage and children) and I am going on 10 years next year.
And if Jeff is burned out from school one thing I did for Shad was that I made him a home made dinner one night, watched his favorite movie and just let him know how proud we were of all he was doing for our family, that can give the greatest boost, a night off of any other duties.

Anonymous said...

I think that Reise needs to come to Auntie's house to celebrate her birthday and have a day just for her. I haven't celebrated her birthday with her yet. I don't think that you should remind her that kids will tease her, it will just make her more sad and make her worry about what other kids think of her and what she does. Our poor little Reise peanut butter cup.

I think you guys should go on a trip. We will help with the kids.
L-
J
I can hardly wait to see Cade's smile up close and princess Reise.