Saturday, November 25, 2006




So everything has been moving in fast forward lately. Work has been so busy that I barely have time to sit down and enjoy my family and friends. I am so happy that this busy time only lasts from Oct to Feb. Cade is loving 1st grade and his teacher thinks he is a sweet heart and is very smart. He has lost his 2 bottom teeth and is growing so big. Reise is just like her mom and it is showing in her school life. We had parent teacher conference and the teacher said that Reise talks a lot and is really social... Great! My mom was right. She is so big I cant believe that she is actually almost 2 years younger then Cade. Everyone thinks that they are twins and are amazed when they hear that Reise is younger. I feel so blessed that I have such amazing kids, even though they make me crazy some of the time I still love every minute I have with them.
Jeff is still in school and has finales over the next couple of weeks. I am so proud of him, he has made a goal of getting his bachelors and has done everything he can to get his goal closer to being achieved. He will have his associate degree in a couple of weeks and has done this in less time then it usually takes. I feel bad though because he doesn't always have enough time to study and do his homework with my work schedule. He is such an amazing husband and I don't think I tell him this enough.
Well my parents have put there house up for sale and they have found a house to rent in Seattle. I am really trying to help them and not show how much it is killing me inside. I have lived away from my parents a longtime but have always had the luxury of seeing them whenever I wanted. When I lived in Nebraska I had such a hard time not being able to see my parents and never wanted to have to experience that again. I am not as strong as my sisters are. I know that this is something that they need to do and I want to be supportive so I try to not show my sadness when I am around them. I told my kids about it and I know my parents feel like my kids would be fine if they did move but my kids really are having a hard time with it. I think that they feel happy with the fact that they can go see them anytime. I know I know I should just deal with it and make sure to visit them a lot but I am the type of person who removes myself so I do not have to show my emotions. I did this when my sisters were all in town also because I feel that I get so incredibly sad and depressed when they leave so I try to hangout but not to much so I don't feel so sad and depressed. I don't think anyone in my family knows this so it comes across as being mean and not wanting to spend time with them. I do love them all and love spending time with them. I wish I wouldn't be like this but I do feel it has gotten worse as the years have passed. Hopefully I will be able to get over this annoying behavior.
Well I need to go spend some time with my husband and kids before Monday comes which seems to come way to quickly. I love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

M- I love the pictures. I think the picture of you and Jeff is one of the best ones I have seen.
I think you and Jeff need to celebrate in a few weeks. He deserves a big night out!
Some of your post about mom and dad made me sad. i think you don't know that we are all in the same boat. We all put on a happy face to make things easier even when we feel quite sad on the inside.
Now that I know that you are staying away and aren't as busy with work as I think you are... I will now insist that you hang out with us more. I know it is hard to say goodbye but I know in the end you end up feeling more sad and disappointed that you didn't get to spend the time than you do if you spend time with us and have to say see you later. Good memories make it easier when the sisters aren't around as much. Lots and lots of pictures help too.
I love you M!
-J

skbkmjfamily said...

M

I love the pictures of you and the kids. I love hearing about them and seeing them grow up.

I don't think any of us are as strong as we all think the other is. We are Watson girls, we hide things, we protect each other. So know that none of us are taking this easy, even those of us that already live out of state. Like I told J, I have always had a home to come to. I have always considered Utah my home, but now that I won't have my parents house there to anchor me, well I have feelings that haven't been there since I left 6 years ago.

I don't ever see you as mean. I see you as a mom who is pulled in many directions. Just because I am in town on vacation does not mean that your life stops, you live there. But I agree with J. You are missing out on time with us and the kids. Yes it is hard to say goodbye, but just think of the great memories you are missing by letting that rule your life. I know because I have that tendicy too. I don't want you to ever feel left out or not loved. You are part of us, we do miss you. So, work on it. Don't allow yourself to use excuses, just come hang out and be around us, and than know that it gets easier to say goodbye the more you are around than you are not.
We love you guys, and WAY to go Jeff, we are just as proud of both of you. It is a great sacrifice you are doing, but you are doing it together. We love you all.