Tuesday, February 10, 2009

30 Really?


So I am 30.... I really am not sad nor do I feel like an old lady. I have friends who cried when they turned 30. I feel that I am young and I am fun. I didn't even really think about turning 30. I guess age really hasn't mattered to me much. I think you are the age you feel and if I feel I am 20 then that is what I am but who is to say that the way I feel is a specific age. Why is age so important to people and why is it that so many people get so upset about getting older. I can understand when it comes to dating and boyfriends and kids.. You need to be old enough to handle the situations but really feeling that you are having a mid life crisis because you are turning 30. Really?

So yes I am 30 and yes I feel that I can still wear my high heels with my skinny jeans(which really aren't so skinny) and I can sing in my car like I use to when I was 16. So take a moment to enjoy your life not the age but the feeling. Today I feel happy!

Oh and I received the most awesome gifts. My daughter got me a necklace that says Mother Daughter Friends Forever that she picked out when J took them to get my gift. My son bought me some wine glasses because he knew I had broke most of them.. He hates that I drink wine but I have taught him that he can have beliefs and others may not feel the same. That you love a person for who they are not just by what they believe. I am lucky because I have a family that feels the same way.. If they didn't then they would not be so awesome to me :) I received some nice birthday cards and one of my most favorite gifts is from my amazing husband. Not only did he take me to sushi which he doesn't really like he also bought me plane tickets to Seattle and Dallas, just for me. I get to hangout with my mom and dad for a few days and then my mom and I get to travel to Dallas to visit my sis and her family. I am so excited and with the work months I have had I so needed this trip... So that is about it. That is all that happened to me as I was turning 30. Really.. Lara you love it I know you do.. REALLY! Thanks for that because I now say that all the time.

5 comments:

wandering nana said...

Can't believe my baby is 30! But then, I was only 10 when I had you...... "P

Dorothy said...

We hope you had an awesome birthday, Meggan!

Bonnie said...

30 is so young!! I am almost there too! We will be seeing you guys soon.

christie said...

Megan Watson!!! It is Christie Coyle (Lewis). I am tracking down your whole family...I just started blogging & I am loving it. It is so fun to see you...There is no way you are 30! CRAZY!!! You are officially old like me. You will love your 30's though. They are great. How are you? Your family is adorable. I just had a little girl & I considered naming her Reece. Love that name. Too cute.

skbkmjfamily said...

Meggan,

I thought about you all day on your birthday. Yeah I didn't call, so bad of me.

I love you. Can't believe you are 30, it is just crazy. I wish I was coming along on your fun trips, maybe a girls party for the oldest in the family when she turns 40, that is even crazier.

We love you... Happy Birthday