Sunday, November 23, 2008

Said I wouldn't but I did





So when the first book came out I laughed. I thought that all these women going crazy over a vampire book were just going a little overboard. My family read them and talked about them but I just didn't really listen to what they were saying. Then women at work started talking about it. When I was asked if I had read them I laughed and said "Hell No!" Well soon one of my really good friends asked me about it and I asked if she was serious. She told me she was hesitant about it and then decided to be sucked in. She told me that the pages must of been marked with some sort of drug because she could not put down the first book. She told me I had to read it and that I really should just suck it up and fall into the trap called "Twilight". So I did and to my surprise I could not put it down. The second book was a little boring for me but the third was great and the fourth i had to read. Well then I find myself telling people to read it. They responded the same way I did but soon fell victim to it also. Then we start seeing the movie previews and it is decided that us girls at work will see it the night it is released. I told myself not to expect anything because I had been disappointed by movies made from books more then once. I can say the first time I saw it I was more distracted by all the Tweens screaming about Edward, James, Emmett and Jacob that I really did not have fun. Then I went to see it a second time and I decided that I really do like it. Yes there are things missing and things I would have changed but all in all it was a great show.

3 comments:

wandering nana said...

I'm going to wait and see it in the day, when the tweens are in school. I'v heard it is okay... you went twice?

Meggan said...

Yes I went opening night and then I went with Angie. I liked it better the 2nd time mainly because I could hear what was being said and didn't have loud girls yelling and drooling. :)

Bonnie said...

I really liked it!! I have only seen it once...but I could see it again. Have you read midnight sun yet?