Saturday, May 27, 2006

Wow what a day... So as you read in my previous post Jeff and I were going to build the swing set for the kids rather then buy one... So let me start with how I was feeling Friday, which was horribly sick. I took Friday off so that I could do some things around the house but I ended up staying in bed because I was completely sick. This always happens when I work to much and it seems a little worse since I have became obsessed with working out thanks to you skinny sisters with little waists after having kids. heheeh But anyways back to the task at hand. So I am completely sick and when I wake up on Saturday I still do not feel good. I look outside and see that mother nature doesn't feel so hot herself. So as I walk downstairs I am greeted with 2 smiling kids with Tamagotchi that either have pooped or grown into another monster and those kids soon turn into fighting kids because they both want me to clean up their toys poop or watch it dance... Don't ask... hehehe I have one also so don't make fun. But back to my story......

So Jeff and I are outside in the freezing cold with a measuring tape and stakes trying to decide where to start. So as we measure, I hold where the stake needs to be and Cade hammers our hands I mean the stakes. I know not a good idea but hey he wanted to help. So this goes on for about an hour. Did I mention I was sick??? So finally we get all that done and Jeff starts to rope off where we are going to set up the swing set. Next our task is to level and weed where the swing set will be. We are using those pads that look like puzzle pieces and are bright colors.. So we start to weed, me using the as seen on TV "The Claw" and Jeff pulling each weed by hand, which seems to be taking hours and we have only completed a little corner... Soon my mouth starts and I sarcastically say how much better his idea of hand weeding was compared to my idea of tilling. Then I just fade out because his idea really was better just a lot harder. After an hour or so of running noses and red sore hands Jeff light bulb goes off... He remembers he bought a tool for the lawn mower that does this same thing other then faster. So Jeff gets the mower working and soon the roped area is done.... Did I mention I am sick and it is raining? Where did Cade go??? At this time my friends Sonia and David show up ready to help out... What great friends they are. So we start to lay the "No Weeds" fabric and it is windy and cold and I think by now we have all lost our minds. Jeff starts to hammer nails into the fabric hoping that it will stay put long enough for us to put the pads on and Sonia and I are trying to figure out the puzzle pieces... Hey it is a lot harder then we had thought. You have to have the outer parts perfect or else you are introuble. So we get one part connected and I laugh because we connected on the outside of the roped area since Jeff and David are laying that fabric down. So Jeff, David, Sonia and I all have to pick up the long piece of puzzle pad and carry it over to the area hoping that it doesn't all fall a part... It doesn't YEAH! So one row down and 100 more pads to add on... Well we run out of pads and we are all cold muddy and just plain tired... Wait we haven't even started to build the swing set. At this point I have to go buy some more pads and Jeff and David are going to finish laying down the fabric. Did I mention I am about to die from being so sick.
Well I go and return with the needed pads. At this point Sonia and David have left and I am needing a nap with my kids.... Hours tick by and I wake up and look outside and Jeff and Cade are putting down the rest of the puzzle pieces... And it is finally finished... The place where the swing set will be that is. We still have to stain the wood and build the damn swing set... Ughhh I am starting to think the Costco swingset is looking pretty darn good.... Well I guess my story is to be continued since it is 10:30 at night and all we have done is the pads which are covered with mud and water.... Oh what a day tomorrow will be. Does anyone know if it is supposed to rain.........

3 comments:

skbkmjfamily said...

You are far skinnier than I am, I really have to get going on my workingout.
I think it is awesome that you got that much done. I hope it is not raining, but if you are getting our weather, than yes it will rain and be really cold and a real doozy of a day.
good luck

Anonymous said...

m- You and your husband deserve a huge vacation to Mexico.
-J

TX Girl said...

Sorry to hear it didn't go as planned. I hope the weather on sunday was an improvement.