Saturday, August 05, 2006

I am sitting here thinking of how wonderful my family is. I mean my mom is fabulous. She always is willing to help me even when I say I do not want it. She helped me throw a bridal shower for my best friend and she did all this work for it without saying anything. I realize that she has always supported me throughout my life. She may have not agreed with my choices but she always supported me. I hope I can be this kind of mother to my kids. My mom gave me this book when I was moving to Nebraska called the places you will go by Dr Suess. Well I have this book and at the time I didn't really understand why she had given it to me other then the fact that I was a troubled teenager who was moving away in hopes of becoming a better person. Well I read this story now to my kids and I cry thinking about the places I have gone and I finally am able to understand the reason behind giving me the book. It really is an amazing thing to have someone love you so much that they are willing to do anything for you. I think about my kids and I do not know what I will do when they put me into the situations I put my parents in... Hopefully they wont but like my Aunt D said.. Paybacks a bitch. hehehe She is another person that means the world to me. She took in a teenager who was doing things that she shouldn't even though she also had young kids who could be influenced by my troubled ways... Yet she took me in with opened arms and she took care of me. We had our issues but truly when I look back I realize that all she ever did was care about me and if she got upset with me it was because she loved me and didn't want to see me hurt. I could go on and on about the amazing people in my life. I mean I have a wonderful Father, Amazing sisters 4 of them that is, a fantastic husband who loves me and has given me 2 amazing kids, my mom who I already talked about, I have amazing nieces and nephews that I think the world of and 4 wonderful brother in laws. I have amazing aunts, uncles, cousins and a fabulous Grandma... I have been so blessed to have all these wonderful people in my life and I am really not sure what I have done to have such amazing people in my life. I just want to say thank you to all of you for the support, love, help and faith that you have all given and shown me. Thank you for always being there and standing by me. I love all of you!

3 comments:

skbkmjfamily said...

We have always loved you. Family sees you for what you can't see in yourself. You are an amazing wife, mother, sister and friend. Don't let anyone or anything ever try to tell you different. Satan wants you to think the negative or feel the negative. We have been blessed by you, you brought our family closer. Love you

Anonymous said...

I think that Katie has said it all.

Believe in yourself M. Everyone else does including your H.F.

You can achieve anything that you set your mind on.

L-
J

Anonymous said...

You are one special lady.. You were not as bad as you think (well maybe you were at times but you know we loved you and could see you were growing into a very speical young lady. I will always remember that you helped me see just how God works sometimes. I love my sister with all my heart and I wanted to help in anyway I could. There were times I felt I wasn't helping you and then I would see that beautiful girl come out and could be so nice and loving. I know it was very hard on you to spend the time away from friends and family but I feel in my heart that you did have some benifits coming herel. I will always think of you as part of my family..And I know that you wanted everyone to believe you were a bad ass but we know that family is a big part of you life and your mom and dad love you so much. I love reading your letters and hearing you are a good mother (Jen has told me and so has your mom)Sometimes we get down about the way life has been but the best thing to look at are your kids...They bring back the joy and happiness that we tend to forget we have. I hope you keep dancing.. Neal and I have found that spending a little each week with each other and really listening to each has help us through some pretty tough times. I like to blame it on certain thing like bad turkey at Thanksgiving as it seems we alway have a little (ya right) spat when it comes that time of year... (I think it is holidays are hard for me now that dad is gone and I tend to be a LITTLE emotional during that time. Neal calls it my BEAR moments when all he has to say is hi and I bite his head off. Where did this come from? Sorry..I don't always stay on tune. I best go by now you are probably forgetting what I was talking about CAT PEE Love Aunit D