Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Well yesterday was Jeff and I's 7 year wedding anniversary. He gave me such an awesome gift. It was supposed to be a surprise but I am really nosey and found out about it a couple of weeks early. We were sitting at his computer and I saw on his email list information about dance classes. I assumed that they were for either Reise or were for Cade who wants to take Break Dancing lessons. I kept asking Jeff about it and I wouldn't take no for an answer so finally he told me to read the email. I started to read it and found that he was indeed getting someone dance lessons. I asked him who and he said that it was for me. I was a little surprised because I really was thinking like ballet. I thought to myself how weird it was that he was getting me dance lessons and that I really didn't want to take dance. I told him thanks and he knew that I assumed it was just me taking dance lessons so he told me to read on. As I read I became so excited because it said that we (Jeff and I) would take ballroom lessons. You all know Jeff and the fact that he just does not dance. He hates dancing. He never has liked it, so you can imagine my excitement. I mean come on... He got us lessons to learn ballroom and he told me that if we can afford it we can take whatever other lessons I would like. He knows that I have always wanted to learn swing and the salsa and all those fun dances. So I realized that I would have to think of a present to match his... I am still in shock.. Ballroom dance lessons. Anyways. So I thought and thought and then I remembered a conversation Jeff and I had about my sister L's Blog. She had written 10 things about her husband A that she loved about him and Jeff had asked me why I never have done that. So with that in mind I decided to buy some rocks and Rub-on letters and phrases. I put on the rocks all the things I love about Jeff along with the words love, I love you, happiness and so on. Well this was not a simple task. I wanted to do it all by myself so when my mom offered to help I declined because I wanted to be able to say that I did it all. Well by the 4th rock I was in need of some help so my mom took a rock and started. She is always there for me... I love it. She is amazing. Well back to my romantic story. So I got the rocks together with the words and phrases and I put them in a jar that I had bought. I had put the words Love Notes, Love Letters and Love thoughts on the jar and tied a ribbon that said just a note around the top. In the middle of the rocks I put a little box that said "My heart is yours". I was so impressed with myself. I mean I never come up with ideas like that and yes I do not take all the credit since my sis had the idea of the 10 things that she liked most but the rocks were all me. hehehe Well I gave the gift to Jeff and he was very happy with it. I think that it was the best gift he had ever gotten. At least I hope it was. So Monday came and we had our dance lesson. It was so much fun. Jeff and I learned the cha-cha which is not an easy task for 2 people with 4 left feet. We laughed a lot and the instructor reminded me of a pug dog but all in all it was a fun time. I can not wait for our next lesson. We are going to knock the socks off of him because we plan on practicing and getting it down by next Monday. I think he will be pretty impressed. Next the Salsa!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you guys had a great time!
Congratulations on 7 years! It only gets better from now on. 7 years is known for being one of the yucky years. Did you know? It's good to get that over and move on to Salsa.
I think that we will have a talent night at mom's and you and J can do your dances. I am excited to see them. Jake and I will show you our amazing ability to eat corn on the cob.
We love you guys!!!

skbkmjfamily said...

Those are some awesome gifts. I have to remember that even though guys seem the macho, non mushy type they enjoy knowing how you feel about them as well. When I was in the hospital for valentines day and could not buy anything, I gave Shad 100 things I love about you. He cried. See they need it just as much as us. I love that Jeff did the dance lessons, I think he is actually a really great gift giver.